Whether you work in a big or small office, being in charge of buying office stationery requires a great deal of management. Here are a few tips you can use to make your task easier and a lot more efficient.
– Remember to plan for the year: Assess the amount of stationery each employee would use. Especially when you are dealing with an office with a lot of employees, it always pays to plan ahead so you can buy in bulk and get a lot of discounts.
– Remember to choose the right products – Your office may not need colour pencils or paints, but certainly needs markers and stamp pads. So making a list of stuff that you need helps you eliminate useless expenditure and saves you a lot of time.
– Remember to focus on quality as much as quantity – Quality means the products will last longer and turn out to be more cost efficient in the long run. Of course, there are a lot of products in the market with the price ranging from really low to hugely expensive. But focus on the quality of the products that you are going to use along with the price factor. Also, going for a brand that has been in service for years, always helps. E.g. The Camlin range of markers available in the market have a chisel tip for those broad and fine lines.
– Remember to budget for refills of stationery – Mid-year, you might find you are running short of some items. Of course, in spite of all your planning, you may go wrong at times with your calculations and end up falling short of a few items because of reasons like extra employees added to the team, a project that took longer to complete etc. Make sure you can handle the emergency by setting aside a budget for these emergencies.
– Remember to encourage responsible usage: Send out an email to your office employees highlighting the importance of using stationery judiciously to make it an eco friendly office. If employees are better informed about what they can do, to improve their carbon footprint, it will go a long way in sustaining the environment and will prove cost effective to your organisation as well.
Explore Camlin’s range of office stationery at: http://www.kokuyocamlin.com/categories/office-professionals-2.html
Also, here are a few dos and don’ts to being an eco-friendly organisation: