Tile painting is as the name suggests, a painting done on a tile (mostly ceramic or stone). Tile paintings can be used on their own as stand-alone pieces (framed or unframed) or can be used to highlight any piece of house to make it look more attractive. However, instead of spending your time and money replacing discoloured tiles, try painting them to achieve a fresh look on a tight budget. And you can transform a room completely by just adding these pieces of art.
– You will need to choose a non-textured, glazed or unglazed plain ceramic tile or even a smooth stone tile. You can also paint any ceramic tile that already exists in your house, though textured tiles require a bit more precision.
– Purchase ceramic tile paint or an oil-based paint in order for it to adhere to the ceramic tile and not be affected by exposure to elements such as water.
– Select appropriately-sized brushes for your project. Try buying brushes of all shapes and sizes at – http://www.kokuyocamlin.com/
– Set up your workspace with newspapers, damp rags and clean water.
– First of all, we have to ready the tile for painting. Scrub clean the surface with either a brush or a rag or sandpaper, depending on the surface to remove any stains or discoloration. For single and new tiles, simply wipe the surface clean using a rag and soapy water.
– You have to decide on what you want to draw and decide the colour combinations etc. Also, if you are going to paint an existing tile in your room, make sure it goes with the theme and design of that room and try not to overwhelm the existing decor.
– You can trace the design onto your tile or use freehand especially if you are good at it. Make sure you trace it very faintly with a light pencil so you can paint on it and hide the actual pencil marks. Once the design has transferred to the tile, you can start with the actual painting.
– Let the paint dry completely before you use it for your decorative purposes.
And finally, coat with a final layer of clear varnish to seal in the paint. And Voila, your tile painting is ready to be shown off to your friends and family.