Holi is definitely one of the most favourite festivals of India. People usually celebrate it by splashing colours on each other. If you have been looking for an alternative way to enjoy Holi, give this art project a try!
Here is a fun art project inspired by this playful festival of India!
What you will need:
• Canvas board
• Balloons pump
• Artists’ Acrylic Colour 12 Assorted Set
• Steel-tipped darts
• Thumb tacks
Side note: Make sure you wear clothes that you don’t mind being stained by paint. Also, we recommend you take this art project outside to avoid splashing the walls with paint.
1. Cut the cardboard enough so that you can tuck it inside the canvas frame.
2. Attach the narrow end of the funnel to the opening of the balloon. Pour the acrylic paint into the funnel so that it can flow through it into the balloon.
3. Now place the balloon onto a balloon pump, inflate it and tie it off. Repeat this with all of the balloons.
4. Hang your canvas onto a wall and stick all the balloons onto it with the thumbtacks. Do make sure that you stick these balloons from the tied up ends so as to not burst them.
5. Now is the most fun part! Invite your friends over, enjoy a snack of puranpolis, gujiyas with them and take turns to pop those balloons with darts!
If you liked this art project idea, do let us know in the comments section below! Happy Holi!