Look into your closet and you are sure to find something that is dull, plain and boring. Well, you don’t have to throw it out just yet. You can spruce up your wardrobe, in a flash with a simple technique that will make you wonder, why you didn’t think of it earlier.
Let us introduce you to Fabric painting. It was never rocket science but now, Fabric Painting has just gotten easier than ever before, especially with an assortment of tools from Camlin to add new life to your clothes. You will just need some fabric/acrylic colours, cone liners for the 3D effect, Fabrica glitter and of course, great ideas. You can paint your old tee, transform a faded pair of jeans into party wear or add a touch of glitter to your dull cap.
Here are some activity ideas to get you started:
- A fun project for the kids – The perfect way to get the kids and their friends together on a warm, sunny weekend afternoon
- Return Gifts for B’day Parties: An innovative party activity where the kids artistic creations will be the return gift they get to take home.
- Ladies brunch: Add some fun to a ladies brunch. Sit on the balcony with some music playing in the background and bring out the artist in you.
Remember, you don’t have to be an artist to get started. And once you do, it will be hard to stop. Go ahead, give it a try! The possibilities are endless and you can create your own one-of-a-kind wearable art.
Tips to remember:
1. Prewash the cloth (preferable cotton or cotton polyester blend or natural fabrics).
2. Place a barrier between the front and back layers.
3. Pencil in the design lightly on the fabric before applying the colours.
4. You can use paint brushes or squeeze paint from a bottle directly. You can use glitter for added embellishment.
5. Bleach can generally be used to remove fabric paint before it sets.
6. Dry it thoroughly before using it
7. Smile, look back and enjoy your piece of art.
We hope we have inspired you enough to start on a couple of projects of your own. Happy Fabric painting!