Making art can be fun. There is the intense emotional side to creative expression through art… And then, there is the lighter side! Today, we shall co-create with the lighter side, the fun-loving energy, the one that makes us feel crazy and happy for no reason at all. Let’s tap into the happy-go-lucky spirit, as the year-end inches closer.
Here are a few amazing art ideas that you can try on your own.
1. DIY Paper Black Cat:
A cat is a mysterious creature – that itself has been a good enough reason to make it the subject of many art ideas across decades. Here is one more art idea inspired by this beautiful, feline creature.
You will need:
• 1 paper plate
• Camlin Artists’ Acrylic Colour 12 Assorted Colours Set
• Camlin paintbrush
• Camlin Scissors
• Krafty White Glue
• A pair of green wiggle eyes
• 1 small pink pom-pom
• Download the pattern
• Old newspapers
• Cover your working space with the newspapers before you begin.
• Now paint the back side of the paper plate and let it dry.
• Cut out the cat’s body from the plate, in the shape shown in the image.
• Cut out the cat’s head and tail from the pattern provided from the plate and paint them in the same colour as you chose for the cat’s body.
• Next, tape the cat face and the tail to the cat’s body and let it dry.
• Stick the eyes, whiskers and the nose and your DIY Paper Plate is ready!
2. Chromatographic Butterfly:
Children love to play and their innocence very much represents butterflies, as butterflies represent a free spirit. Butterflies bring memories of warm summer days spent lazily in a lush garden, under blue skies, time spent within the luxury of vacations. Who wouldn’t want to make art that reminds them of sweet memories?
Here is one easy to make, art project inspired by butterflies!
• Lay out the spare papers across your working area.
• Draw circles on the coffee filters. (Black and brown bring out the best out of this project)
• Fill the cups with water.
• Insert the coloured coffee filters in the cups with water and keep them in until you can see the colour reaching the ends of the coffee filter.
• Now place these filters across the spare papers and let them dry.
• Once dried, take a coffee filter and tie a black cleaner around the centre of it. Repeat with every filter.
• Make the shape of the ends of these filters like an antenna.
• Next, tie a string to the centre and hang!
3. Make your Very Own DIY Friendly Monster inc.!
Will you believe it if you were told that friendly monsters exist? Whether you believe in ghosts or not, here’s an art project that guarantees to brighten up your mood! It’s time to get a little messy, so make sure you have old newspapers underneath your papers! Get set, ready? Go!
• Spread the old newspapers across your working area.
• Next, stick the circle stickers on the plain white papers, in the middle of the sheet.
• Using the dropper put a few drops of the paint around the circles, the colour of your choice.
• Now using a straw, blow over the paint while it is still wet. Repeat this for every monster you create on separate sheets of paper.
• Once the paint dries, take the stickers off.
• Now you can draw the remaining features like the eyes, the horns, hands and legs.
Did you enjoy this article? Let us know in the comments section! Stay tuned for more fun art projects coming up!