The memories of childhood last a lifetime. We asked people what their favourite Camlin Childhood Memories were and came up with these top 10:
1. Doodling in class with Camlin Flora Pencils: The last page of a notebook has always been a doodlers favourite! From portraits of the maths teacher with the large mole on her face, to playing tic tac toe, or playing FLAMES. All while pretending to be taking notes in our history notebooks.
2. Finding Camlin Crayons in Odd Places: Who hasn’t spent countless hours colouring in the summer holidays? Sprawled on the floor, on the sofa, at the dining table, on the neighbours terrace. No wonder mum would be surprised to find crayons in the plants between the cushions of the sofa.
3. Participating in the All India Camel Colour Contest: Ultimate bragging rights are earned in school if you win the All India Camel Colour contest. The best part about the contest was being able to bunk class just to draw, colour and paint!
4. Perfect Geometry Drawings: While algebra was always mindboggling, geometry was the only thing we loved about Maths class. And that brand new Camlin Geometry box was the only good thing about maths exams!
5. Writing on School Uniforms: The best part of the last day of school is writing on school uniforms! We wrote “You’re my best friend” messages and “Class 10 B is the best!” till the last drop of ink in our Camlin fountain pens. How many of you still have those school uniforms?
6. Begging Our Parents to Buy ‘Cool’ Camlin Mechanical Pencils: Remember the time when refillable Camlin Mechanical pencils were all the rage? Our mothers always thought the ordinary pencils were good enough, but we could always blackmail dad!
7. School Uniforms Smeared in Camlin Watercolours: No art class is complete without having a rainbow of colours smeared on your uniform. We’ve all been scolded by our mothers about the unsightly state of our multi-coloured school uniform, which was sparkling white just a few hours ago.
8. Pranks with Camlin Gum: Sticking a cockroach to the teachers chair or sticking pages of a pal’s notebook together were successful pranks only thanks to Camlin Gum!
9. Birthday Presents – New Oil Pastels – There is no such thing as too many oil pastels. Few things in life could excite us as much as a box full of colours!
10. Being Punished with the Camlin Ruler: And finally, school life is incomplete without paying tribute to the many times we have been threatened by the ruler, been smacked with the ruler or escaped the ruler.