Code of Conduct
"There are seven things that will destroy us: Wealth without work; Pleasure without conscience; Knowledge without character; Religion without sacrifice; Politics without principle; Science without humanity; Business without ethics."
Organizations that defy the life cycle are the ones that not only deliver sustained growth and profitability, but they do this on a strong foundation of values and code of conduct. Organisational history is galore with examples of how mighty companies fall because individuals choose to do what is expedient or convenient and not what is right.
A code of conduct acts like a moral compass or a rudder on a ship that tells us whether we are going in the right direction or not. We have adopted the Code of Conduct established by Kokuyo. The eleven principles defined by Kokuyo are the foundations on which we can aspire to reach our goals. They will be our guiding stars.
As employees of the company, you are faced every day with a number of business decisions. Each day brings with it, new opportunities and challenges that sometimes require difficult choices. Following the Code will help us uphold our corporate culture that is focused on integrity and also ensure we comply with laws and regulations that govern our businesses.
If we have to live by our Code of Conduct, each one of us needs to understand the behaviour expected from us. As an initial step, you will be invited for brief sessions to understand the Code of Conduct. We will then be sharing the Code of Conduct for you to read, reflect on and understand in detail.
Your commitment to our Code of Conduct is imperative and I am confident that you will engage your heart and mind in living up to Kokuyo’s principles.
Chairman & Executive Director
- Compliance with laws and internal rules and acting with integrity Directors, Managers and Employees must comply not only with laws and internal rules, but also act with high ethical standards and integrity.
- Respect for human rights and personality Directors, Managers and Employees must not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, language, gender, disability, or any other status. Directors, Managers and Employees must not engage in conduct that constitutes sexual harassment or power harassment. Directors, Managers and Employees must not engage any Child labour and/or Bonded labour.
- Global environmental protection Directors, Managers and Employees must work to eliminate or reduce the environmental burden without refusing to acknowledge global environmental issues such as global warming and declining forest resources.
- Free competition and fair trading Directors, Managers and Employees must comply with laws and internal rules related to the prohibition of monopolization, free competition and fair trading and must not engage in conduct that deviates from them.
- Provision of safe and reliable goods and services Directors, Managers and Employees must strive to win customer satisfaction continuously through provision of safe and reliable goods and services.
- Proper handling of company assets and protection of intellectual property Directors, Managers and Employees must properly manage, maintain and utilize every tangible and intangible company asset. Directors, Managers and Employees must respect the intellectual property rights of others.
- Proper information management and financial reporting Directors, Managers and Employees must honestly and properly create records of the company and then manage and report information collected and obtained in the course of business in accordance with proper procedures based on the materiality of such information. Directors, Managers and Employees must carry out accounting and financial reporting in compliance with laws and internal rules relevant to financial, accounting and tax affairs.
- Prohibition of acts involving conflicts of interest Directors, Managers and Employees must not engage in any act that involves or may involve a conflict between personal and corporate interests. Directors, Managers and Employees must report possible conflicts of interest, if any, to their superiors.
- Prohibition of Insider Trading Directors, Managers and Employees must not engage in insider trading or any act that triggers it in connection with trading in shares of the Kokuyo Camlin or any other company.
- Proper management of entertainment and gifts Directors, Managers and Employees must not give or receive entertainment or gifts in deviation from normal business practices. Directors, Managers and Employees must not illegally give entertainment or gifts to public servants or government officials.
- Handling of unreasonable external demands Directors, Managers and Employees must not comply with any unreasonable external demand.
Camlin WhiteBoard Markers have brighter inks for better visibility. They are refillable, easily erasable and have a bullet tip. The ink is non-toxic and is available in four colours.